augen-sehenEyes and Vision

If you have pain or an inflammation in your eyes, you should get an appointment at an eye specialist. The treatment is free. Please make sure to have your Gesundheitskarte (healthcare ID) or your V111″ Formular with you.

If you realise, that your sight is getting worse, you can go to an Optiker  (optician). If necessary, the optician will recommend  suitable glasses to you.

  • What is the difference between an eye specialist and an optician?

    An optician makes eyesight tests and can determine, if you are far-sighted or short-sighted and how many dioptres you need in order to make glasses or contact lenses for. Usually, you don’t have to wait long at an optician.

    An eye specialist also makes eyesight tests, but is also a doctor. Therefore, he can also find diseases in the eyes and treat them

    Glasses can only be prescribed by an eye specialist!

  • I need (new) glasses, what do I have to do?

    If you need glasses,  you  have to make an “Antrag auf Kostenübernahme ” (application for cost refund) at the “Sozialamt” (Social security office). Generally, glasses are free for children and young adults up to 18 years of age. Also adults with certain injurie, diseases or severe limitation in sight can receive benefits for their glasses.

    Usually, you have to pay for glasses and contact lenses yourself.

    If you look for new glasses at an optician, bear in mind, that there glasses frames with and without costs!

  • How can I find an eye specialist?

    In order to find an eye specialist close to you, you can use the Facharzt-Suche Bremen und Bremerhaven (search for special doctors in Bremen and Bremerhaven).


Offers for refugees

Durch die weitere Nutzung der Seite stimmst du der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen

Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um das beste Surferlebnis zu ermöglichen. Wenn du diese Website ohne Änderung der Cookie-Einstellungen verwendest oder auf "Akzeptieren" klickst, erklärst du sich damit einverstanden.